S_Runner OEM Wheels

Anybody with a set for sale?

Reply to
Michael Greene

Sorry, can't help you there. I sold the OE wheels off my SR with the worn out OE tires still on 'em for $400 to another guy with a Taco. I just wanted to make sure you know that the SR wheels will limit your selection of tire sizes because they're only 6.5 inches wide, not the more common 7 inches for 16" wheels.

You may already be aware of it, but you should know that you pretty much have to run a 55 series tire instead of a much easier-to-find, and cheaper 50 series tire if you mount S-Runner wheels. The overall diameter (thus circumference) of each tire should be as close as possible to original specs. (Use this to compare sizes:

I do know one guy who's running a 60 series tire on his S-Runner, but he's using 225mm tires instead of the preferable 235's that come stock on the SR wheels. That's precisely the reason I didn't keep the wheels which came on my truck. They looked nice alright, but so do my

*lighter* 16" Z-Racing wheels which are 7 inches wide. Lighter sprung weight (the most important kind!) was another bonus with going to the aftermarket wheel. Once I had a new set of 245/50-16's installed on those wheels, I weighed my new wheel/tire combo and compared it to the weight of the more narrow OE tires. The wider Z-Racing wheel/tire combo each weighed 8 lbs less than the OE stuff. It might not sound like much, but in terms of suspension compliance it's a very worthwhile improvement. Plus, I lay down a wider footprint on my 245's, and with the supercharger and LSD, I need all the footprint I can buy!
Reply to
Rad