Turbo or Supercharger?

I am trying to decide whether I want to spend $4400 on a turbo, or spend $2500 on a Supercharger... I love my taco and i want it to be perfect. I dont off-road much and i want overall speed. I sometimes want to be able to tow a small trailor full of motorcycles when I need to. I guess my question is.. Is the Supercharger going to fullfill my needs or do I need to go the extra mile and get the turbo to do it for me? ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Reply to
TODD881

I'd go with the Supercharger. They are more reliable and you can buy one from TRD

that is specifically designed to work with Toyotas.

-Cyberbilly

Reply to
Cyberbilly

Turbos suck! They only kick in at certain RPMs, plus its easy to burn them out. They also do very little for low range torque. Go with supercharger.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Definately go with the supercharger. You can alter your boost with the simple change of a pulley and belt. They put out more benefit over the entire rpm range , they don't restric exhaust flow(causing heat issues) and they dont shoot impeller fragments through your intake and top end even a fraction as often. In short , Turbos are better than nothing , but they still suck. If the supercharger is that much cheaper you can laugh all the way to the bank.And , as an added benefit, look in the rear view to see all your buddies who have turbos.... MLM

Reply to
john Q pubic