ok, time to decide SAAB or Subaru!

my old camry borken, and now I have to decide whether to take saab or subaru. My aim is the 2.5 non-turbo version. question is that, is 9-2x harder to get parts? like it has fewer dealer here(Toronto) than Subaru, so I am afraid every time the dealer calls , I have to wait much longer time than subaru.

the other point is that, the GM offers discount, and I am about to buy the

05 model, plus I can use the $1500 on SAAB.

So.... it's getting hard to decide whether saab or subaru....

any suggestion?

Reply to
grape

Hi,

Another thread reports GM selling its interest in Fuji Heavy Industries... I'd guess they got whatever they wanted from that relationship so it's time to move on. (Of course, hurting for money is another consideration--reports I've seen make it look like Toyota's been almost bending over backwards to help keep GM going.) Business pages of the local paper reported a few weeks ago GM's on the edge with what to do with SAAB, which has been a money-loser from the get go. Indications are that GM's considering giving up on SAAB--whether the marque might survive under different ownership or the doors would just be closed was unclear in the article. (Look what GM did with Oldsmobile before thinking of buying from another "shaky" division.)

I'd go Subaru even not knowing these other things... if you want a Subie, buy a Subie. If you want a SAAB, buy a SAAB. But to buy a Subie in SAAB clothing makes little sense to me. To each his own...

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright