Peragon Truck Bed Cover

Some people prefer to swear at their Peragon cover, not by it. Check out

to see the cover in the real world

Reply to
peragon_cover_review

Wow, that thing sucks.

Reply to
Trailswipe

The post above is a customer of ours who purchased a cover, used it and then demanded a full refund with shipping both ways. Our return policy allows for the return of products less a restocking fee and the customer is responsible for the shipping costs. That wasn't acceptable to Mike, so he threatened that unless we provided a full refund of his purchase price, he would smear our company and our product in any way he could. When we declined to be blackmailed, he started posting false and libelous information about us on web forums. The site linked above is nothing more than a vendetta. The photos are staged. Take for example the picture of how much space the cover takes up when folded - he shows a tape measure of over 10" - and then claims we're lying when we claim 6" folded room. If you look at the cover - it is not folded all the way! He carefully left the panels with about a 1" gap between them to take up more room. Also, the tape measure is hooked over the front of the frame, which wraps over the bed and takes up no room from the bed length. The rest of his site is just as much rubbish.

A fact of irony, the posts Mike has made all over the web have, in fact, helped us! Our web traffic has never been higher and many people who never would have heard of us otherwise, have! It doesn't take much to see through the thinly veiled fabrications in Mike's efforts.

I would encourage anyone interested to contact us and we'll take you through Mike's site point by point to address his claims.

Toll Free - (877) 473-7246

Thank you!

Reply to
Heath

I am not a Peragon customer but if they (Peragon) was truly interested in customer satisfaction, they would in my opinion pay for the cost of returning the product and if not, at least not charge a restocking fee. This just represents a lack of confidence on their part of their product. I read some of the posts from Mike on this newsgroup in addition to reading his website and didn't find any of his comments libelous. Mike was obviously not happy with the way he was treated by Peragon and chose to share his experiences with us. For that I'm thankful. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Reply to
Rock

I looked at your web site after reading Mike's review to see for myself. I too saw misrepresentation on your part as you stated several things that wouldn't/didn't work as shown. You also stated in several places that quality is paramount in your product. "Guarenteed". Then charge a restocking fee and shipping costs. Where does it say that on your web site and how much is it? Maybe Mike was money ahead to sell it for half-price rather than take your costs. I wouldn't take a chance now on a Paragon product after seeing both views. Dave

Reply to
davidj92

My father-in-law owns a Peregon bed cover...it's been on his farm-truck for over a year now, and he loves it. It serves it's purpose very well; it's quiet, attractive, and well-engineered.

Your major complaint seems to stem from the fact that you tried installing a precision engineered product on an already beat up truck. If you're bed was bent and abused already, it's your own fault that it didn't work.

Installation on a truck-bed that's in good shape was EASY. I'm sorry it was so difficult for you. Your complaint that you needed an extra socket to do the job? Excuse me...but boo frickity hoo. When you're working on a truck you better have some tools.

And I can attest that the images and scenarios are staged and grossly exagerated. It opens and closes very well.

One more thing - complaining about terms and conditions that you agreed to at the time of purchase is absolutely silly. I work in the airline industry, and I hear cry-baby-sob-stories all day long about how I should waive change fees for this and that. Guess what - you agreed to it when you purchased - it's YOUR responsibility.

Grow up. Go cry somewhere else.

My .02

Reply to
moparflyer

[...]

Drastic price cuts by the manufacturer coupled with the previous posts by unsatisfied customers suggests to me that all is not well with Peragon.

Reply to
Rock