ADDing Turbo or Supercharger to 2003 Forester

Anyone know of an aftermarket Turbo or Supercharger for 2003 Forester.

Reply to
Terry Malin

Did you find anything out yet? I am interested too.... it seems you can't get a XT with both stick AND a moonroof.. both are must haves!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

It's a lot easier to add an after-market moonroof (and leather, if you like) than adding a turbo or supercharger. Also, with the XT you get a whole lot more engine refinements than just a turbo!

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

And with the premium package you get a lot more than just the moonroof. Heated side mirrors and wipers (via different windshield) were sure great to have this past winter and wouldn't be trivial to add. there are also lots of other things included in the premium package.

Subaru, if you're listening: Offer BOTH transmissions in BOTH models. Sheesh.

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

Just another reason why Canada rules. I think I'll enjoy the news with a newly-decriminalized joint and a perusal of the gay marriage announcements in the paper...

Ben M

Reply to
Ben M

Well the reasons outlined in the other posts are why i want the Prem package.. .and the fact that i am looking at a 2003 Forester. The insentives and low apr are too good to consider a 2004 turbo.

MIke

Reply to
Michael Smith

Reply to
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n Rolla!

Well, then go ahead but I suggest you inform yourself carefully. The differences between the XS (or XT, which is based on the XS) and the XS Premium is smaller than you think. For example, the heated seats and windshield wipers/mirror deicers are indeed standard on the XT, as is the 6-CD changer.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

Actually i probably would never get the turbo upgrade. It just sounds cool. but Price wise $$ i need to get the cheaper one. and the 2002 fits the bill with the low apr, etc.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

Sure enough, it's not like the Forester X. Cool.

I still like the giant moonroof in my 2003 XS Premium. How expensive is it to add a nice one like that aftermarket?

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

DO NOT INSTALL A AFTERMARKET SUNROOF. they almost never seal properly and are notorious for causing problems in the future

Reply to
miketryan

Well, since Subaru won't sell me theirs with the manual transmission, I don't have any other options.

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

We've an aftermarket roof in our '97 Civic, and have had no problems at all . But I would hesitate to to have the large Forester roof by an aftermarket installer. There is a lot more room for error and improper fit with the flexing that a roof endures. And that roof has got to be real pricey from an installer. (the roof that Webasto makes for my old Mazda was quite fancy for a little car and cost the installer $750+S&H from Webasto. Then I'd have to pay for installation - I passed... just my 2¢. Regardless, if one is to put any roof into a car I'd check to make sure if the roof-structure is built the same as those that come from the factory with the roof. My Protegé was the same.. Terry - '02 Regatta-Red 5spd GT wagon - 20k miles Yakima / TandeMover / Rockymount rack - To reply, get rid of the "commensense" ?

Reply to
TW-Ohio