Compare global gasoline prices

And quit whining!

Jan Andersson

Norway is not on the list at 9.63US-$ a US-Gallon, that is the last price I can remember, running a Smart I don't fill very often.. I'll check todays exact price later when I walk the dog.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

And if bread hits $4.00 a loaf because so much grain is going to biofuel that will something else. The price increases are supposedly due to speculators driving the price up. Either way, if you live in rural area like I do it's still a 5 or 10 mile trip to get a gallon of milk. 60 miles round trip to work doesn't get any easier at $3.54 a gallon in WNC where jobs are few.

Reply to
info

If you're going to look at these charts objectively, you have to separate what percentage of the pump price per gallon is taxes in any given market - most of the European nations are heavily taxed. Additionally, one has to separate oil-producing/refining nations from those who must import all of their automotive fuel. Therefore, merely scanning a chart and saying "look what they pay compared to us" has little relevance (as an example, I recently returned from Europe and most of the people I spoke with accept the high taxation rate on fuel, since those taxes fund major social programs.) Add to this the recent speculation on oil futures by large investment funds. Now that they've left the sub-prime mortgage markets, they're feeding on fuel and food prices for quick profit. And don't forget the oil companies themselves who, through various agents, actually keep the bidding frenzie going - constantly raising the price of their own product. Now, look at this chart keeping in mind which countries heavily tax for social programs and, additionally, who are the oil producers/ refiners. And, keep in mind that the real money in oil is not made at the refinery/gas station level, but at the "bring it out of the ground" stage.

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48 Norway Oslo $6.27 Italy Milan $5.96 Denmark Copenhagen$5.93 Belgium Brussels $5.91 Sweden Stockholm $5.80 United Kingdom London $5.79 Germany Frankfurt $5.57 France Paris $5.54 Portugal Lisbon $5.35 Hungary Budapest $4.94 Luxembourg $4.82 Croatia Zagreb $4.81 Ireland Dublin $4.78 Switzerland Geneva $4.74 Spain Madrid $4.55 Japan Tokyo $4.24 Czech Republic Prague $4.19 Romania Bucharest $4.09 Andorra $4.08 Estonia Tallinn $3.62 Bulgaria Sofia $3.52 Brazil Brasilia $3.12 Cuba Havana $3.03 Taiwan Taipei $2.84 Lebanon Beirut $2.63 South Africa Johannesburg $2.62 Nicaragua Managua $2.61 Panama Panama City $2.19 Russia Moscow $2.10 Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74 Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91 Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78 Egypt Cairo $0.65 Nigeria Lagos $0.38 Venezuela Caracas $0.12

Reply to
Bill

The price of all food is really starting to jump. Except beef should be dropping pretty fast and far. Cattlemen are starting to sell off their herds as they can no longer afford to feed them.

It's around a 30 mile round trip for me to get to a store.

Reply to
rjmacres

This is all part of the price we are paying to support the green religion.

T> On Apr 23, 7:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@virtualwnc.com wrote: >

Reply to
Anthony W

Reply to
John

Everything that goes to market, that is transported in any manner both in country or out by land, air or sea is done so by an oil product. The simple fact is the oil costs have multiplied many times at the retail end and record profits for the oil companies on the other end at the same times. My dad always said if you want to know the truth, follow the money. The rest is bullshit from the people who have the most to lose from this profit. Green causes this??????????????? Bullshit! Dis information and manipulation of facts by our friends, the oil giants, gets us to look at everything else. Knowing this and not doing anything on a national and international level for the security of the world itself is, in my opinion the true crime and we should be ashamed. At least I will tell it as it is shown, not as it is dressed up by the big bucks. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

> All those countries put together are probably just about the size of the US. We complain about gas prices because of the incredible distances we have to travel and the distance various products have to travel to get to market. Our gas prices impact the cost of just about everything else, so indirectly, we probably pay the same price as all those other countries for gas, it's just hidden in the rising costs of everything else.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

The rest of the world pays what oil really costs. Americans don't see the expense directly. They pay for the extra expense of oil through income taxes largely for security in terms of military protection and political insurance payments to other countries. Now if ya wanna bitch, look to Canada. They pay loads for their oil and they produce it! (Canada is the US's largest source of imported oil.)

I lived in England in the Sixties. If you were driving an MGB on the King's highway and someone passed it would be a Morris Mini flat-out with a megphone exhaust in your face. English Fords, Renault Dauphine, other leetle cars and VW Bugs were others - in about that order. Sometimes a Frenchman with world-class temerity would take his patetic Deux Chevaux to England on the ferry. It was great for a laugh. But I digress. I always digress.

Reply to
Pico