non-repeat feature of ignition switch not working

A while back I replaced the ignition switch in my '72 with the one from my parts car. Now with the `new' one, the non-repeat function doesn't work. Is this something in the switch that is bad? Or is there something else somewhere that I need to check?

Thanks.

Reply to
Scott H

Hi, Its designed into the Ignition Switch itself. Sometimes you can pull them to bits and relubricate but its a fiddle. If its a new one you must have got a dodgy one. John

Reply to
John

Aside from the fact that it would make an authentic VW a little less so, I've wished I could dump that 'feature' ever since I got into volkswagens. It's more trouble than it is worth. I'd consider your situation a blessing rather than a curse ;)

Chris

Reply to
halatos

all my vw's and bmw's over the years have had this feature, and you get used to it... i find myself returning the key to the off position in any vehicle if i need to go to the start position a second time for any reason....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually kind of like the feature. I'm no purist but everything else on the car works as designed so I'd like that to work also, for authenticity's sake. But I ain't gonna buy a new one just for that. ;-) The other one lasted 15 years or so until my niece killed it, so I'll just wait for this one to die.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Scott H