'74 Super Beetle - Bad ignition switch?

My 1974 super is having problems where the car starts and runs just fine bu t none of my accessories work. I sometimes works if I jiggle the key in the
ignition. Would this be caused by a bad ignition switch? Accessories inclu de headlights, radio, windshield wipers, fresh air defrost and rear window defrost
Almost certainly yes. There are a number of different types of switch configuration, plastic , metal of varying quality. I find I have to take the switch out to confirm type and then buy switch. Fortunately its not a huge drama to replace switch. If you can get metal go for it. All the plastic ones seem to get brittle quickly and go like your existing switch. Best of luck.
My 1974 super is having problems where the car starts and runs just fine but none of my accessories work. I sometimes works if I jiggle the key in the ignition. Would this be caused by a bad ignition switch? Accessories include headlights, radio, windshield wipers, fresh air defrost and rear window defrost
On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 5:23:47 AM UTC-4, John wrote:

I have a 1969 standard beetle and it turned out to be the headlight switch. Once I replaced that it has started without hesitation every time.