1993 850 parking brake cable replace?

Has anyone replaced the parking brake cable(s) on a 1993 Volvo 850?

Specifically, the cable assemblies that split-off to both the left and right rear wheels from the main parking brake cable.

I have a sticky left parking brake. I've disassembled it, with the rotor off, and it seems the brake mechanism is working OK, but problem is plastic sheath on the parking brake cable on the left side coming thru the chassis has worn away, exposing the steel cable, rusting, and thus not releasing the brake shoes sometimes.

Resulting in a very hot wheel/rotor after driving for a while.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Mayer