Transmission Fluid

I'm trying to find out how you check the transmission fluid in a 1996 Volvo 960

Reply to
lump311

Do you mean "how do you check the level" or "where is the dipstick"?

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

I suspect he means both. The dipstick tube is very low in the engine compartment and hartd to find/see. You have to look down by the starter and reach the tube with some very long extended lenth needle nose pliers. You read the dipstick in the normal fashion. In order to add fluid you have to add hose to the end of a conventional transmission funnel in order to reach the fill tube.

Bob

Reply to
User