And that's when he lost control.....

Saw the aftermath of a good crash last night.

Volvo 940 driven by a 90yr old man, driving down the road, loses control, jumps onto pavement on left hand side (in uk), veers right to sideswipe a parked car, veers left to go straight through a large 8ft x 5ft advertisement sign, goes between a lamp post and wall. As my wife said....'and that is where he lost control......', then veers across the road, through a hedge, and drop 4ft into a garden.

Guy walks out to the ambulance after being cut free.

I think I agree about older drivers as in the previous wind-up post...

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

I work in a hospital Accident and Emergency department. If we only had elderly victims of car crashes we could save loads of money. For every one dodgy 90 year old, who undeniably probably shouldn't be on the road, there are dozens of wanabee racing drivers in there 20's and 30's who fill up our departments day after day after proving their skill behind the wheel.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

...whithout knowing anything (but presuming everything) about the circumstances.

Kids today, huh?

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

coot snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Conrad Edwards) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I was a traffic officer in a Sheriff's Dept. in the early 70's. Elderly drivers were not and are not any where near the problem that smart aleck kids are. I hardly ever saw an elderly person in an accident but I saw multiple

16-20 year olds in accidents each week. The only way that prejudiced people can make elderly people look accident prone is to look at their accident per mile rate (even though this is still lower than 16-20 year old rates).

If elderly people shouldn't be on the road or should have their skills tested, then in all fairness, children shouldn't be allowed drivers licences until they are 21.

David

1989 Volvo 240 187,000 miles 1993 BMW 525i Touring 104,000 miles
Reply to
David L. Hanson

Forgot to say it was a 30mph zone too....

Reply to
Conrad Edwards