Flushing the cooling system - Is there a consensus?

About two years ago, I asked the Service Manager at the Volvo dealer to flush my cooling system. And he advised me against. He said they used to do that, but rust and other garbages would end up blocking or reducing the flow of liquid. So I did nothing.

What's your opinion/experience?

Thank you

Reply to
Sammy

I flush every 2-3 years, never had a problem. You definitly need to change the coolant every few years, regardless of whether you do a full flush or not.

Reply to
James Sweet

I would have thought that with regular flushing, there would be no rust/garbage to block things.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Volvo recommend that it is done every two years to ensure that the cooling system stays in peak condition. Flushing gets rid of the crap not allows it to build up.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Reply to