FUEL ECONOMY GAUGE (HELP)

Hello, I bought a fuel economy gauge for my 240 and it does not have instructions on how to set up the wiring and tubing. I can remove and reinstall the dash cluster w/o any problem. It is the wiring and vaccumme that I need help with. Please if you know how ....HELP ME. Joseph Segura

Reply to
jsegura525

What year is the car? Pre-'86 used a cable driven speedo, post are electronic. Also what sort of guage is this? Do you have a link to the manufacture?

Reply to
James Sweet

Sounds like one of the old style gauges popular in the 50's and

60'sthat was merely a vacuum gauge with economy markings on it. Running the vac line using a Tee fitting to a "live" vac line under the dash should work. I would then guess it has two wires (black and blue...?). One is a ground (black) and the other can be wired to the + lead of any dash light so the gauge can be seen at night and dim with the rest of the dash. This is all a guess since you gave so little info to work from.
Reply to
Randy G.