No more changing diapers! My 1987 740 turned 200,000 miles!

My baby is growing up. I turned 200,000 miles today! Original engine and tranny! Wahoo!

Now I can apply for a high mileage badge, I had the car 6 months, bought her at 195,000 and now she's broken in.

Look out "new cars", there's a mean machine on the road now.

200,000 miles, and all my life I've been taught 10 years and 100,000 miles was the mark.

JB

Reply to
Jamie

nice JB....heres to another 200k.....

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Cheers amigo!

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

we have 250,000 miles on our 93 940t...runs great, no rattles, shakes, etc.....i am planning on having all 3 of my kids drive it through high school...that is, if i can stand the neg comments about it being "a old car", wrong color, too slow, out of style......etc......

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Too slow? I'd be more worried about a 940T being too fast, especially if one of them figures out how to tinker with the boost.

Reply to
James Sweet

"Too slow?"

i turned the boost way down for the learners permit and teenage driving...so, its back to crusin along right now.....and yes, your right..i do hope they don't find the boost adjustment...

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

If it's not too late, just tell them the turbo is buried deep under the engine and can't be adjusted. The thing that looks like the turbo is a "flux-capacitor" and bad things will happen if they mess with it. LOL

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:

Reply to
Jamie