1987 Volvo 740 GLE

I just bought a 87 740 gle and i drove it about 80 miles and it died about

30 feet from my house, the car had troubles running as i drove it and it died but fired back up without me returning the key to start it (this happened while driving down the highway at about 70mph) after that happened a few times it ran great untill it died. the cars insides lights on the dash near odometer do not turn on when i turn the key nor does the car attempt to turn over, no clicks no nothing, i have replaced the battery and spark plugs any ideas on how to get my beast running? Thanks Christian
Reply to
Motas

Replace the ignition switch, that's the usual cause. Can often be confirmed by wiggling the key when it acts up.

Reply to
James Sweet