1987 740 Wagon

Hey,

This is one of three Volvos I own and the oldest. I'm kind of attached to it as my son was born on the front seat (true story) and I'd like to give it to him one day.

Body is solid but over the past year I've been having engine problems. Prior to this it ran like a top.

Started when it got cold (apx -10 F)...vehicle wouldn't start when left overnight but would start if I warmed the engine compartment with a portable heater. Once it was started it would re start even 6 to 8 hours later. If it was mild out, vehicle seemed to start and run fine.

Had a shop that specializes in volvos first diagnose and they replaced the usual: plugs distributor etc. Not fixed, then problem got worse...vehicle only running on 3 cylinders, sometimes 2 until it ran for a while and warmed up.

Next the shop said it was fuel pump regulator, replaced it with a used one, also told me 2 fuel injectors were blown.

Vehicle ran OK for a few months then began missing on a cylinder again, new shop said fuel injector blown...replaced it with another used injector, vehicle was running OK for several months but is acting up again.

Any insights/recommendations from group?

Alan Newfoundland, Canada

Reply to
Saltwater Paddlesports