removing the oil seal on 66 Volvo Amazon?

Hello all, I have a leak coming from my diff oil seal & it dripping down onto my exhaust. I have recently bought a replacement seal from off ebay. Before i tackle this, who has done this? I have looked in the manual and it decribes a particular tool for extraction. Is there a simple way of doing this without buying a tool that will only get used once? Please advise if you have done this particlar job before. thanks, Jim

Reply to
J.A.Abernethy

Hello.

If the old seal is worn out and there's no reason for you to take care of it, the easiest way is to just bend it out with a screwdriver. I have done that many times, it's fast and easy.

Reply to
Ola Valan