V70XC70 - MY 2001 - Fuel Situation

Hi folks,

here is a wierd one...My tank reads above empty..and, I know most of the tank has atleast a gallon or two...

Now, I live in NYC where we have wierd streets that have pot holes in 'em...(imagine NYC without potholes..and crazy cabbies) and I happened to have parked in one with my rear end pointing up from level. All of a sudden...no start...is the pump located all the way to the rear of the tank? I figured that volvo would have taken multiple feeds into the pump suction...is this not so?

Signed,

Empty gas tanks'r us

Reply to
gomraju

Multiple feeds won't work since the one with no gas suck air. The feed is designed to go to the lowest part of the tank. If that part of the tank is no longer the lowest, then the gas will go to another place in the tank. Also, people siphon gas, especially since it isn't as cheap as it used to be, so you may have less than you think.

Reply to
Stephen Henning