Volvo 240 front door speaker depth

Does anyone know the maximum depth speaker than can be mounted in the upper part of the front doors of a 1990 240? As far as I can tell from surfing around the internet, the maximum depth seems to be 1 7/8" but I am not sure.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tim McNamara

I have Sony Xplods in my 240 and had to use a spacer, since the big magnet was too deep to fit, they are awesome.

Reply to
Arnold