Annoying warning buzzer, newer cars

Does anyone know how to disable the warning buzzer on newer models like '99 passat or '00 Eurovan. I mean the one for low fuel, low wiper fluid etc. It's so loud it startles me (yah I'm high strung).

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob Graham

I believe it does that be design.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Now that's a stupid comment, what makes you think I'm older than you?

I don't need the freaky noise, the idiot light is plenty. My '93 Passat had a module that could easily be pulled, I just haven't looked for it yet on the newer models.

Reply to
Bob Graham

I pulled my beeper module on my 95 Golf about a month after I bought the car. I only keep it in case I sell the vehicle. BTW, commercial vehicles have idiot lights and buzzers for low air. Last I knew you are only

*required* to have one or the other. So, if it's ok for a heavy duty vehicle to not have a working buzzer why not a car?

Reply to
no wheels!

Don't worry about that comment, im 19 and I think that goddamn chime is too loud. "Okay i'm AWAKE i'll fill your damn washer fluid when I get home!!! just shut up you damn car......I saw the light come on!"

Reply to
Rob Guenther