2006 Focus seatbelt warning buzzer.

Hello all,

I have just taken delivery of my new Focus Zetec 2.0 which replaced my old 1.6 LX.

My question is can you remove,disable or disconnect that annoying warning buzzer that reminds you

that you haven't put your seatbelt on? Also when I first reversed into the drive and opened my door

as I always do to look behind me and line up with the drive that same buzzer sounded to warn me

at the door was open, like I didn't know that!

Thanks

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Leigh

No, that's the point of it. To remind you to put your seatbelt on.

You can disable that buzzer (choose chimes off from the trip computer).

Welcome.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

I've tried that and it still does it, I think that just turns off the beeps from the trip computer but not the warning buzzer.

Reply to
Richard Leigh

Put on the seat belt.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

But.. but.. but.. that would be too simple...

Gurer vf n jnl bs gheavat vg bss ohg V jbhyqa'g or sbetvir zlfrys vs V gbyq nalbar ubj gb npghnyyl qb vg.

Reply to
Roarmeister

Easy.

Follow the directions and no more 2 minute minders will come on. Only the initial minder when the car is started.

Frankly it is very annoying when sitting in the car with the engine off but the key on to listen to music (say, while cleaning the car...).

However of course wear the belt while driving - only completely ignorant people wouldn't bother.

Reply to
Cheffy

Why use your key to turn on power to the stereo? All NA Foci audio system come with a 60 min. use while the ignition is off. Just hit the on button.

Reply to
Roarmeister