Any owners of 2006 TDI Jettas here?

I'm about a week away from purchasing and I'm curious to hear horror stories or love-fests about the car. I love the roominess of the vehicle and the more upscale refinements of the Jetta compared to the Civic or the Corolla. I also like the Mazda3 Grand Touring but the black leather out here in the desert would kill me.

I'm down with the higher MPG of the TDI and am betting that the 2006 diesel requirements aren't going to be too damaging for long.

-- Drew

dgrgich

What 2006 Diesel requirements ??????? Have a 2002 TDI and have heard nothing about any requirements.

Reply to
dwvick

2006 was supposed to see low-sulphur diesel in the US. I think that might be one of the things put on the back burner by Katrina and high fuel prices.
Reply to
Wake

Hello Drew. Sorry but the best I can do for horror stories is complain about one remote dying within two months and the time it took my dealer's service department to get the onboard computer to show the right fuel consumption. I suppose you ought to be aware as well that you will have difficulty refueling at many truck stops due to the size of the nozzles the semis use. Otherwise, it's a marvelous little ride and you'll be able to stuff at least three bodies in the trunk.

Drop in to Fred's

get all the support and information you could want. TK

Reply to
TDKozan

The clean fuel comes in during the summer. Not sure if we will need to add better filters

Reply to
Bhavesh Patel