Any Frybrid diesel owners on here??

Oh, the temptation increases by the week!.......

I got 4 Chinese restaurants BEGGING me to carry off more fuel than I could possibly burn.....(c;

Larry

1973 220D sedan 1983 300TD wagon 1989 Air Force diesel 6.2L Chevy stepvan

I might convert them all! I bet the feeling is like when I told Bell$outh to take out the phone lines...(c;

Any Frybrid, or similar veggie oil diesel owners on the newsgroup??

Reply to
Larry

If burning grease was long term economic I double-damn guarantee the Chinese restauranteurs would do it themselves. Either in vehicles or in gensets for cogen-or just in heating burners.

I've seen the insides of injection pumps and cylinders of engines running SVO/WVO. No thanks.

Biodiesel makes a little more sense but you still have to have fuel system seals and fitings compatible with both mineral and vegetable oils.

Most of the biofuels people do not have the mechanical moxie to do this kind of stuff and won't learn so they buy these cars, f*ck them up, and move on.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in news:1157593955.795438.173570 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Did the ones you're seen have the flushing system Frybrid uses or just try to replace diesel with veggie oils cold turkey?

As the veggie oil is only burned when the system is already up to temperature and is flushed out each time the engine is stopped, lots of the cold-running-on-veggie-oil coking and other problems would seem to have been solved, or at least reduced...

Reply to
Larry