Any Jeep owners here in Thailand?

It would be interesting to get in touch with some of the other Jeep owners living here in Thailand, and hear, how they cope with those unique problems caused by a combination of tropical heat, high humidity, and local mechanics.

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

There was a poster here from Panama a while back. He mentioned something about putting differential and transmission oil changes on an accelerated schedule because of the humidity...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

...and the monkeys

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Monkeys?

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

Monkeys cause unique problems.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

What about the elephants that come out at night in Bangkok when the elephant police go home around 4:30PM? There are around 200 or so elephants still living in the city and they can be around the corner while driving your Jeep. :) I think that would not be good if you couldn't stop in time.

I would have to say parts are probably a big issue over in Thailand.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Yes, parts are ridiculously expensive, and in most cases have to be ordered with up to 3 weeks delivery time. Due to heavy taxation, a new Cherokee Ltd. or Wrangler will set you back about $45K, and that is the entry model. Grand Cherokees are about $80K. A new Range Rover is about $160K.

Elephants, Monkeys, or the heat are no problem, but urban traffic density can get on ones nerves.

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

That's a lot of money over there. I would rather buy some real estate like a beach house or something now that land is more open for purchase.

LOL! That's why maybe a good enduro motorcycle would be best to get around. When I was over in Bangkok on business, I never had the chance to take a motorcycle taxi there. :)

Reply to
Peter Parker