anyone see VW's in china, they are made by FAW

Some faw cars look pretty cool and these chery's look nice too

i hear that vw and other car manufacturers may have a hard time surviving in 10 years after chinese cars flood the market..

check this

some crazy pics...wht u guys think?

Reply to
CheryRocks

That link tells we Americans almost nothing about Chinese vehicles. Not price, not availability, not performance, nothing at all other than various speeches from CEOs and the like.

Having said that, I would be willing to purchase a car made in China if they could offer an environmentally friendly and economical vehicle. My choice is a plug-in hybrid that uses state of the art batteries, NOT lead acid. Right now that choice could be possible if only Toyota would enhance the Prius.

Reply to
Papa

VW builds cars in China, the Santana and the Santana 3000 for example.

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

Chery has illegally copied a car from Daewoo, namely the Matiz. But the Chinese don't care about it and keep building it. In a court case Daewoo (which is called Chevrolet now) has demonstrated that the body panels are an exact match to the original... That is what the Chinese are good at, making copies... But I agree that the European and American producers are getting into very rough water...

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

At best, I think the Chinese might make inroads at the bottom end of the market but they'll never fully replace any of the larger brands in the US.

After all, probably the same was said about Yugo 20 years ago and they sure as heck didn't last long here.

Reply to
Matt B.

The same was said about Honda and Toyota, too, when they started in the US.

Reply to
RJ

And if trends continue down the same path we are all witnessing right now, General Motors and Ford will (as MacArthur once said) "just fade away".

Reply to
Papa

Nah, they'll just end up owning all the European brands.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith