Cayman and Boxster--where are they made?

I read somewhere that the Boxster was made is Russia to cut costs--is this the case with the Cayman?

Reply to
DougA

Finland for both. Google "Valmet Porsche"

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

The X3 BMW was made outside of Germany and I had many issues with it--are the Finnish Porsche of less quality than the Carrera?

Reply to
DougA

Actually the cars assembled by Valmet (from "kits" sent from Stuttgart) were shown to have higher quality than those that were assembled in Stuttgart. Basically...everything is sent by rail from Germany and Valmet puts it together.

Reply to
Guru