Best Summer Tires - '95 Jetta GLX

Hi, I've got Dunlop D60 A2's right now - 205/50/15. So/so - the're worn out after about 45,000 km, which is ok, but they never really had great traction, especially in the wet.

I have a set of snow tires (live in Toronto, Can), so I'm only concerned about non-snow conditions. Can anyone recommed a good choice - V Rated (I speed on the highway, often for lengthy periods), and also my #1 criteria is good traction in the rain.

cheers,

Jd

Reply to
JD

A friend of mine has Michelin Pilots on his Golf, and they are incredible tires... so much grip in the dry and rain, really nice.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I drive to Kingston and Sarnia a lot to visit family, so I can save time on those 401 jaunts once I'm out of the GTA.

The car loves the highway; I've been very happy with it since '97

Reply to
JD

Check out:

They have good reviews of almost every tire and also a discussion board where owners post comments, which I found helpful as it's nice hear other Jetta owners' experieces. I have an '00 Jetta and ended up going with a set of Yokohama AVS db2s which I've been very happy with.

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe

Reply to
jrowland

For summer tires, I have been using Yokahama AVS ES 100s for a number of years (I had over 225,000 miles on my '92 Jetta before I sold it 2 months ago). I now run the same tires on my BMW 535 and my '89 911.

John in Austin, TX

Reply to
jrhslick

I had Pilots on my 96 Jetta GLX. They did have decent grip, were smooth-riding, and were very quiet (when new). The only thing I complained about is that they tended to be softer during cornering than the stock Eagle GA's (yes, I actually thought my stock tires were OK). Couldn't take a turn too fast in the Pilots or they'd squeal. They'd "give" predictably so I always knew where their limit was. Good, quiet, nice-riding, and grippy tires for a less-aggresive driver.

Rob Guenther wrote:

Reply to
Bob Navarro

Kumho ecsta 712 .Sticky tire for a cheap price.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD