Passat Recall

I just called the dealer to set up an appointment for some work on my

2000 Passat wagon. The guy says, have you had the recall / warranty work done yet (not sure he actually used the word recall). Something about the right rear wheel. He said I'd be getting something in the mail soon.

Anyone know about this?

Reply to
TL

It is Recall WK, "Install Protective Shield in Right Rear Wheelhousing," and it "exists in some 1998 through 2003 Passat, 1997 through 1999 Jetta and 1998 Cabrio vehicles." This is according to the letter VW sent my for my '99 Passat.

I have no information on how many vehicles are involved.

Reply to
B. Goodman