VW Passat Recall

Hi

A quick question, I rang a VW dealer to get the security code for the radio, and while they were looing for it on the computer, they said that my car has an outstanding recall, something about a track rod end repair / modification. Is this an important recall ie : safety related??? Has anyone else heard of this?? Would there be a charge for this, as I cant remember what the dealers said.

Also could this be what is causing a vibration when braking at 60 mph +.

Thanks.

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid

Sure it wasn't for replacing the tie rod ends? The problem was that some would wear out sooner than they should and were replaced. Here in the USA it's a free repair.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yeh it might have been for tie rod ends, not sure as I didnt write it down, I will ring my local dealer and find out.

Thanks

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid

What year and what model? Please provide additional information.

Reply to
TL

It is a T reg 1.6 SE Passat

I asked the dealer about this vibration and she just said, " Yeh we'll have a look into it while we got it", I asked so that is what is causing the vibration, She said " It could possibly be"

So I will have to see, when give my car in. Why has anyone else had similar problems???

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid