replace shift lever stop on A2 GTI?

Hey all,

Does anyone know how to replace the shift lever stop on an A2 GTI? It's not obvious by looking...

TIA,

- Mark

Reply to
msb

Are you talking about that little white strip in the shifter lever area under the boot? I usually drill out the rivets, take off the strip and then install the new stop with new rivets. I have seen the shifter lever ball twist also which misaligns the stop or lockout section of it. later, dave (one out of mandaves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1