Replacement shift lever boot.

I have a hole in the shift lever boot of my '92 Miata. The dealer tells me that the part is "back ordered" and may not be available from Mazda for some time. Where can I get a new boot?

Reply to
Alf Loizeaux

If you mean the vinyl boot, leather replacements from pretty much every aftermarket vendor on miata.net.

If one of the rubber boots, try calling trussvillemazda.com.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I'm just about to replace the third vinyl cover. The first time, I took the worn original to a seat cover shop and they made me a new one in an hour or so. The second time, I was ordering from a Mazda dealer and threw in the "genuine replacement." I imagine this time, for simplicity, I'll go back to a dealer.

The dealer I used was Roebuck, in Birmingham. I think they changed their name.

Jim Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

has the leatherette boot in stock. It's part number NA01-64-331-00, it sells for $28.24. If you're feeling a hot blast of air from the hole in the leatherette boot, you might wanta check the rubber boots below the leatherette one. Trussville has them as well -- part numbers M513-17-480A, $22.08; NA01-64-481B, $19.00

Reply to
Southoceandrive

Reply to
glenf