TOUAREG OWNERS SPEAK UP

The Touareg is on my short list of SUV's to buy this fall. I was looking for some real life feedback Thanks in advane for anyones input.

  1. Relaibilty?
  2. Fitand finnish?
  3. Quality?
  4. Things you love?
  5. Things you hate?
  6. Hows the nav system?
  7. What did you actually pay?
Reply to
James Enman

Hi

You might want to take a look at a site called VWVortex.com under their forums section. There are hundreds of Touareg threads covering everything you asked below with almost all of the discussions being from Touareg owners and potential owners. Try this direct link:

You may have to register first to post.

This site also has some good info:

If you had done a search of every time the word Touareg came up on this newsgroup it would have some useful info but vwvortex.com is the best place in the net I found, try this link for a Touareg search on this newsgroup:

Martin Hirsch

Here's something I have trouble understanding - In the Canadian edition of DriverGear, Srping/Summer 04 (p.6), a "towing hitch" for the Touareg is advertised with the caveat:

"Maximum total trailer weight 7,700 lb. braked, 1,650 lb. unbraked...."

It costs CDN$1040 plus installation, and can tow about as much unbraked trailer as a Golf can tow with a hitch that costs under $400 installed!

Does this make sense to anyone?

Reply to
Achim Nolcken Lohse

The Touareg has included in the hitch kit a computer to control the electronics.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yep. At least over here max tow rating allowed for an unbraked trailer is 750kg, which equals about 1650 lb. No matter what kind of car or hitch you have, you can't go above 750kg without brakes.

Reply to
Jens Kr. Kirkebø