01 Suburban A/C Leak

Had the compressor replaced last summer, had the system recharged twice since, Mechanic added dye, now says leak may be in rear a/c. Is this possible? I thought rear a/c was only a blower. Do I need a special light to see where the dye has leaked?

Thanks

Reply to
AS1

Depends on the dye that was used.

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

I think some of that stuff "dye" shows up under a black light.

Reply to
Elbert

does the refridgerant run to the rear of the truck, or is cool air pushed back by a blower?

Reply to
AS1

Refrigerant goes to the back of the truck. H

Reply to
Hairy

does the refridgerant run to the rear of the truck, or is cool air pushed back by a blower?

Reply to
AS1

There is a evaporator back there too and usually they use a flouresent dye the is very visable under a black light. Some use sniffers too to check for leaks.

Reply to
SnoMan

On burbs they always ran freon back there for rear A/C and still do as far as know. It is easier to route freon back there is two small lines to a evaporator than try to blow that much air back there in big ducts and have it heated some in the process.

Reply to
SnoMan

finally found the leak near the firewall, machanic had to order the part

thanks for your help

Reply to
AS1