1988 S10 body swap question?

I have a 1988 s10 4x4 auto, reg. cab and long box but she is rusted bad and the hole are starting to get bad. I have the chance at another body but it is1984 standard 4x2 ext. cab and short box. Can I change the cab and box, and just swap steering collum and 4x4 shifter. Is the electrical harness the same and will the body mounts all line up right?

Reply to
<renorick

Cab mounts will be ok, bed isnt going to work. changing the cab wiring harness will be a must, your 88 is fuel injected the 84 was carb. again not a hard job if you just take your time doing it, label everything, and a polaroid is handy, or digi. I should rephrase the bed comment. You can mount the bed on the frame but there will be a major gap between the front of the bed and the back of the cab. I have seen it done, and one individual did some custom work, he designed an aux fuel tank that straddled the frame rails and came about 1/3 the way up in height, believe he said it held 15 gallons. Then he designed a storage box that sat one top of that.. it gave him a weather proof locking box to stow loose gear in while leaving the bed free for what ever. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Wiring is different.. Dash Board is also different , So the wiring from the 89 will not work in the 84

and the 84 wiring will not work for the Fuel injected system..

I guess u may be able to Change the DASH boards! Never tried that..

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
no one

That sounds like an awsome project. Did he publish it anywhere?

Justin

Reply to
Justin Mahn