EPA regs.

Having just purchased a new automobile, I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a site for the EPA and it's rules concering warranty coverage on emission controls and deviced, such as catalytic converters.

Several years ago, I read the many of the emission control devices are covered by certain laws and rule that the car dealers just will not tellyou.

If anyone has information concerning such a web site, I'd greatly appreciate the information.

Papa Bear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
Papa Bear

Shep

If you are looking for the regulations regarding altering or removing emissions equipment, then don't count on any waranty coverage at all. There is a clause in your waranty paperwork that states pretty clearly any alteration or removal of such equipment will void your waranty, NQA.

If you are looking for just how long the emissions equipment is covered, that is also in your waranty paperwork and you will find that it will be at least as long as your powertrain waranty, sometimes longer.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race