1988 Suburban How to fix loose steering wheel

HI

The steering wheel on this truck is loose. I can disassemble the column down to the switch. I cannot go further as I do not see a way to remove the wiring harness. Does anyone know how to get the wiring harness out?

tia

Reply to
random electron

TOP POST!!!! Fiest you need to compress the spring to get the retianer which holds the lock plate in...Then you can see the hole where the harness goes...I assume your talking about the turnsignal harness...Ok next go to the base of the colum disconnect the tursignal switch..Then look at the top part at the botom of the colm there is a plastic piece pull it out...It it wraps around the top of the harness then with it out all you need to do is pull from the top and work the bottom connector threw the colum...To install just reverse ...

1988 Suburban How to fix loose steering wheel Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, May 25, 2005, 2:13am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@fake.net (random=A0electron) HI The steering wheel on this truck is loose. I can disassemble the column down to the switch. I cannot go further as I do not see a way to remove the wiring harness. Does anyone know how to get the wiring harness out? tia
Reply to
Steve Cook