1995 4L60E

I have a 1995 K1500 Z71 ext cab w/ the 4L60E. In 240,000 miles it hasn't given me any trouble at all. I will be keeping this truck for many more years as it is in great shape. I don't ride my vehicles hard - daily driver w/ occasional 2 place snowmobile trailer trips. I was wondering if I should consider a rebuild now before it has a major explosion (costing bigger $ for a possible case replacement). Also, has this trans been updated enough (major TSB's) by 1995 so I really don't need to worry about any later minor TSB's? What years has this trans been in use? Is it still?

Reply to
Stephen Young

There is no such thing as $L60E that isn't a self-destructing time bomb. I don't know if getting it fixed now would be best, but I think you have one of the longest lived $L60E's out there.

GMC Gremlin $ = 4 btw, but $ is more correct ... hehehe

Reply to
GMC Gremlin