Radio antena connect 94 K1500?

My tunes quit in my 94 K1500 Silverado. Amp works, tape deck works, just static on radio. Acts like the antenna isn't hooked up. WHERE does the antenna plug in? I pulled the control unit in the dash----no antenna. Can't find where it's supposed to go in unit under the dash, but I'm sure it doesn't plug into the tape player. Before I start pulling components, can someone tell me where the antenna is supposed to plug in?

Thanks.

Reply to
BillM

There should be an antenna connection at the back of the radio itself. Thick black coaxial cable with a metal end. If it is not there, it should be far. Didi this static all of a sudden happen? The cable doesn't come unplugged very easy.

Reply to
Certainly

There should be an antenna connection at the back of the radio itself. Thick black coaxial cable with a metal end. If it is not there, it should be far. Didi this static all of a sudden happen? The cable doesn't come unplugged very easy.

Update: 94 K1500 uses a CDM module behind the dash. Antenna plugs into it at the top. Had to pull the panel under the steering column to see it. Antenna is plugged in---so probably the tuner is fried. Good news is that my friendly local wrecking yard has 3 of them, still in the trucks, $10 per if I pull it. Should be a cheap fix.

Reply to
BillM

Before you pull it all apart, go to a parts store and buy a cheap antenna OR even use a hunk of wire stuck into the antenna plug to test it. The antenna cables have been known to go bad. They use a VERY small interior wire and an inline capacitor and both have issues.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in message news:fqmd3l$ik8$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Will do. I've run more than one with a 3 ft chunk of 3/32 welding filler rod stuck in the hole! I will go pull the one at the wrecking yard, even if I end up not needing it---can't beat it for $10. I keep threatening to trade this truck off. It's a 94 K1500 Z71 Short wide extended cab, has 212,000 on it now. It still looks and runs nice, and the trade in is about $0, so I'll probably run it on out to

250,000 or maybe 300,000. Friend has one similar with 378,000 on it, he put in a rebuild engine at 325,000 or so.

Bill

Reply to
BillM