Vacuum booster

I need to change out a leaky brake master cylinder and I've heard that it can destroy the vauum booster even if you get all the brake fluid out of it.
Has anyone had experience with this. If it lasts 5 or ten years I'm fine with it as the truck is a 1995 Chevy K1500 W/T

Change th master and see how it works. If you need to change the booster, do. If not, don't. I have seen a few fail from brake fluid getting into the booster (which mayu have failed anyway) and I've seen many that have not had a problem.
replying to clare, Ringer wrote: Thanks