1995 Chevy s10 brake problems

I have a 1995 chevy s10 pickup 4.3 4x4. I had a squeqy brake (brakes worked fine, just made alot of noise). Borught it to a mechanic, and $300 later i had new front brakes and the noise was gone. About a week later, the brake pedal went down to the floor. Then when i tried it again, the peda; only went down about 2 inches and felt like it hit the floor. I couldnt push it, yet the brakes wearnt working or slowing down. I then broguht it to a shop, and for $200 they put in a new master cyclindar. A week later the same thing happened. Anyone have any ideas of whats wrong? I spendt too much on this truck already.

Reply to
mpm

I have an '89 S-10, the rear brakes were locking up intermittently. Turned out to be the proportioning valve or dump valve, under the master cylinder (most years these are one valve, in '89 they were separate.)

Reply to
Bruce Porter

Reply to
Bruce Porter