1999 blazer exhaust noise bulletin

Hi, My 99 Blazer has noise in exhaust system? mostly when I let up on gas at 50-65 mph. Took it to dealer and was told they heard noise and there were a couple of bulletins from GM on "possible" causes and/or solutions. One is a $300 shield the other a $167 hangar and there is NO guarantee either will work. They would not give any other help. I found

3 GM bulletin numbers on exhaust but don't know how to get more info. from the numbers. If anyone has had this problem or can tell me how to get an explanation of the bulletin number I would really appreciate your help. Thanks ,Ray
Reply to
Mission2

ray

post the bulletin numbers and we can look them up for you

paul

Reply to
Paul

wrote

There are two bulletins that I found for that year. The first one:

Exhaust Boom/Groan Noise in Passenger Compartment (Install Exhaust Bracket and Dampers to Exhaust System) #02-06-05-002 - (04/30/2002)

Basically, you install a bracket that ties the exhaust system to the rear trans/t/case mount, and install a damper weight to the muffler.

Part numbers as follows: By the way, this might come out weird as the formatting seems to change when you cut and paste this info.

Parts Information Part Number Model Year Description Qty

15172526 1997-1999 Bracket 1 15172527 2000-2002 Bracket 1 15595206 1997-1999 Clamp Asm. 2 2000-2002 Clamp Asm. 3 10281828 All Damper Asm. 2

The other bulletin deals with revised exhaust pipe to manifold seals (doughnuts) and reworking the exhaust pipe flanges so that they will apply more clamping load to the exhaust seals.

Exhaust System Rumble/Rattle Noise (Replace Exhaust Pipe Seals and Modify Exhaust Pipe Ring Flanges) #01-06-05-006 - (11/02/2001)

New seal number is:

15093974

You install the new seals, and grind about 1/10 inch off of the

three raised standoffs on each exhaust flange.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I just wanted to say THANKS to those who took the time to respond and help me out. It is Greatly Appreciated . I have 3 Chevy trucks so I'll be around , Hopefully one day I can help someone else who may need it. That's what it's all about. Thanks Again , Ray

Reply to
Mission2