2000 Silverado intermittent idle problem

This is strange. My 2000 Silverado with the small V8, manually tranny, 4x4,

50K miles very rarely (once every few months) just doesn't idle upon start-up. The RPMs drop and it stalls out (in neutral). I can maintain the idle speed by pushing on the throttle and if I drive it a bit the problem goes away. This last occurred during a fall morning, not cold weather. No engine warning lights, no other symptoms and it runs great otherwise. Any ideas? Thanks. John
Reply to
Doctor John

Shep

I had the same problem once in the last 6 mos on my

2000 Silverado Z-71 5.3 Ext Cab LT at 60,000 miles...

I stopped, turned key off, restarted and all was fine..

On the road I had to keep on the gas, or She would die...

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Sounds like a computer glitch rather than a mechanical or clogged fuel system problem, since turning the key on/off fixes it. Let me know if you figure this one out - I'll have Chevy check mine out when I take it in for its last service under the extended warrantee, but I doubt they'll find anything since it is so intermittent.

John

Reply to
Doctor John

I have a 2002 Silverado with 4.8 auto and it does this as well from time to time, no check engine lights.

Reply to
habbi