Transfer case oil

I have a 1994 Silverado 4x4,350,automatic. What is the best oil to use for transfer Case and rear end oil (373) REAR?? I want to change them both before winter.

What is the best trannie filter for this truck too??

Thanks in Advance Doug

Reply to
Doug

The transfer case oil should be 90w 140 I think, and the rear end is the same, as for the filter any filter would be better than the old one.

Reply to
Adam

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Something synthetic.Does mobil make anything? The last owner of mine changed them so I good for 30k or more.So I havent looked.Royal Purple is the best.

Reply to
D-farr

Mobil makes SYN ATF fluid but unless you live were it gets well below zero a lot, you are really not gaining anything. I would change the fluids agin since you got the truck used so you know first had were everything is "at"

Reply to
TheSnoMan