2001 tahoe hvac help

Has anyone had their truck keep blowing hot air on them when they switch it from heat to cool. This usually happens when the heat is used and I later turn the knob to warm or cool. It doesn't put out cool air, it keeps putting out hot air. Please help.

Reply to
Mel

I had the same problem on my 2000 silverado. The actuator that moves the door from hot/cold would stick in the hot position. Took a new actuator to get it fixed. $170 dealer part IIRC. PITA to install also.

HTH,

Derek

Reply to
genius

I went thru hell with my 01 Tahoe HVAC. Before doing any mechanical work, try this: Remove the radio fuse and the heater fuse for at least

10 minutes. The fuses are behind the panel in the left end of the dash. This will cause the unit to re-initialize and find its stop limits. It's worth a try, and yes the dealer doesn't have a clue about this.

If Mr. Goodwrench knew how to use his equipment, he could diagnose this problem, but that ain't gonna happen. I had my Tahoe tied up in warrenty work for months. I just would not accept the car till it worked right. I had to force the issue thru the BBB arbitration.

Derek is probably right, but you should try anything before tackling this nasty job.

Reply to
Lynn