Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4L60E
Anyone ever deal with Jackson Performance Transmission from Hendersonville, NC?
5
5

Buzzer near fuel tank?
Howdy! This morning my 1997 Tahoe's battery was dead: dang if I can figure out what light I left on. Anyhow, when I started the vehicle and left it running I heard (and hear) a buzzer near the fuel...
9
9

Tahoe back seat
Three days ago I was given as a gift an 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Tahoe. It has 95,238 miles on it and it runs extremely well. I live deep in the wilderness, in the canyon lands of Northern New Mexico, and...
8
8

Wheels Spacers Wider Tires
I have been looking at going to a little wider tire on my 2500HD. I currently have 265s on a 6.5 stock rim and its ok for most things, but there are a couple place I go where it is just barely enough...
2
2

Thinking of restoring a 1983 Chevy Silverado 1500
I've got my eye on this old work truck this guy is selling. It appears to have been a work truck and it has two hitch balls for some reason. The paint looks bad, but I can't see any major rust or...
5
5

99 Silverado dash paint
I had some stickers on my dash (to keep a GPS on it) and when I peeled them off the dash paint came up with it! Apparently underneath the grey pain is black dashboard. Anyone know if chevy sells touch...
1
1

OT Question
Can't seem to find a good place to ask this, so I'll presume on the vast knowledge here... I am building a go kart as a winter project with my 14 year old son. I'm thinking about manual rack and...
4
4

'98: Going Into Lockup?
Had the thing towed last year. Tow truck toasted the front diff. Had the diff fixed at the local Chevy dealer. Almost two grand. Ouch! But at that time, all of a sudden it needed a new 4wd switch.......

any free VIN number history www's
Is there any place on the web where I can get a simple VIN history of a car for free? or anyone who could do it for me?

Re: What is "Heavy Duty"?
Basically, it's a marketing ploy. GM has two different 3/4 ton trucks... one with 6 lug studs, the other with 8 lug studs. The 6 lug truck is rated to 7,200 GVWR while the 8 lug truck is rated to...
1
1

1997 GMC Suburban Noisy Transfer Case
Is it possible to 'spring' a transfer case? I was heading out of town on ran into black ice as the freeway started up hill. There was quite a bit of traffic and I started to fishtail on the Interstate...
2
2

96 chevy truck blower motor, Hard to replace?
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a 96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is...

AMSOIL Products
Visit the website below, sign up as a Preferred Customer and purchase AMSOIL products at wholesale pricing. http://synthetic-oil-tech.com/1690163
5
5

4L60E for 1994 K1500??
After 185k my 1994 K1500 with the 4.3L V6 is in need of a transmission. Since this is not a vehicle that I depend on daily, I am simply looking for a used or possibly a rebuilt 4L60E which I will...
2
2

someone told me that Ivan B. Menchaca 49 from the Concord Police Department wears diapers