Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 astro wont stay running
sends enough fuel to start but wont stay running.......we droppedthe gas tank, checked the fuel pump & cleaned the filter; replaced the fuel filter, next the pressure sensor.....we are guessing ECM?...
2
2

1989 S10 Blazer Tailgate Lock Replacement
It appears someone tried to break into the tailgate on my 1989 S10 Blazer and now the lock handle is disconnected from the lock cylinder. The handle is loose and doesn't pull on the latches to open...
3
3

Voltage
2007 Silverado Classic Diesel First start of the day only the volts stay at approx. 11.5-11.75. When the weather gets colder I can drive at night for about 5+ miles before the volts come up to 14.0. I...
1
1

Glow Plug Light
07 Chevy Silverado Classic Diesel Does your dash glow plug light on the dash light up for a few seconds every start regardless of outside temperature?
5
5

Engine Replacement interchangeable
Have a 1987 S10 Chevy Tahoe, 2.8 engine. Body is great, engine is weak. Have a 1989 S10 Chevy Tahoe, 4.3 engine. Body is beyond weak, engine is fantastic. Is it possible to drop the 4.3 engine into...
2
2

1998 Chevy Silverado Dimmer Switch Replacement
Need to replace dimmer switch. What is a good estimate of labor hours chargeable? Need to remove air bag and possibly steering column is what we are told. Does anyone know what is actually involved?
1
1

Rear-end Gear Ratios
In a few months, I will be in the market for a new (to me) vehicle. At this point, I am thinking late model Silverado. One of the duties of this vehicle will be towing a 24' travel trailer that I...
1
1

Differential question
I just found out, doing an all-fluids change myself, that the rear differential on my '04 Z71 Avalanche (4.10 locker) has been 2 quarts low since I've had it....which is 26 months now. No leaks or...
1
1

Remove steering wheel - 2000 Blazer / Jimmy
I need to replace the ignition switch on a 2000 Jimmy with a tilt wheel but I can't figure out how to remobe the steering wheel to gain access to the switch. Can anyone help me? Thanks Chuck
1
1

Horn for 04 Avalanche
Got a dead one...is this dealer only or would a jobber have them?
1
1

88 GMC 1500 troubles
Hey, I was hoping that someone could help me out on this one. I have an 88 GMC 1500 with 166k. I bought it a few months ago. A few weeks after I bought it I was driving and everytime I would hit the...
3
3

2001 chevy s10 (engine light on
Hi The engine light just came on my chevy s10 v6 six 2001 truck?two wheel drive. I checked all fluids all gauges semm to be operating ok. Is it safe to drive till I get it checked.. thank you captish...
5
5

2000 chevy blazer transmission ?
ive lost reverse but, i still have first second and third....i replaced the filter but, still no reverse what can i do and what can i expect? :cry: ...actually, with first gear, it winds out for...
3
3

1996 blazer 4x4
have a problem with a loud thumping in front end when turning corners. Dont do it all the time but goes in spurts. sounds almost like a jack hammer on low speed. Turning left or right dont seem to...
1
1

1996 gmc safari
hi, i have a 1996 gmc safari van 4.3 v6 the code po304 keeps coming up. i changed the spark plug and wires and it still come up that code. what do i have to do to get that code to go out? thanks.
2
2