36" 22.5" tires on 83 GMC 3500

235/80R22.5 is the tire size, on 7.5" width rims. 9.2" tire width

It LOOKS like they will fit with about an inch clearance to the front and rear in the front wheelwell.

The back wheelwell is no problem.

Anybody do this? I'd hate to have to drop back and settle for those pussy

19.5" rims.. ":
Reply to
Davedude11

Why not just buy a Kenworth or Peterbilt and be done with it?

Reply to
Snowman

Because I love my dually crew cab 454 with the LPG conversion, and I'm going to tow a 5th wheel with it, and after the interior work is done I'm popping for some wheels. that's why.

Also, it will be unique, or semi-unique. The new dodge trucks have 20" rims, and they look great.

The truck is in superb condition mechanically, with a manual tranny that is extremely rare in California. They were never sold here as new vehicles.

So there you have it. If nobody knows the answer, a reference to somebody who might know the answer would be appreciated.

i would be willing to have the wheelwells enlarged, with a "skirt", if need be: but do not know who does that. does anybody?

to tell the truth, I'm asking this question in order to try to find out something, and find the exercise to explain WHY I'm asking the question somwhat counterproductive.

If I wanted a Kenworth, or Peterbuilt, I sure would not be asking questions about it in alt.autos 4X4.chevy-trucks.

Reply to
Davedude11

Somehow,on 13 Nov 2003 21:40:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Davedude11) managed to spout out:

I'd be interested to see some pics when you're done.

Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

what happens when the springs compress and the axle moves to the rear? I think it would look pretty cool.

Reply to
18436572

didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I think it will probably look good, myself, when you're finished if it's done right.

LPG, huh? Did you buy a kit, or put all the parts together and come up with your own system? What results have you seen and in what time frame?

have a good weekend, Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Thanks for the interest.

The LPG conversion was on the Idaho registered truck when i got it 10 years ago.

I got it to pull a 9,000 lb boat, but I'm renovating the truck and selling the boat. Anybody want a nice 30 foot Land and Sea boat and trailer? Fly bridge, complete galley Volvo Duo Prop generator, blah blah blah.

I'm pulling the LPG tank (temporarily) to have a color- fast spray in light tan or cream bed liner sprayed in. The 2 part epoxy based system will also run up and over the cab roof in that color.

Because i trashed both chopped-fiberglass fenders in an incident trying to pull a farm tractor out of a pond, (groan; don't ask.. ":

Reply to
EEISNEWELL

a side note: the local provider of propane gas used to run LPG powered 460 Ford F700 delivery trucks. the drivers hated them... if I remember correctly "gutless pig" was the most often used description. they only got between 2-3 MPG and were eventually replaced with International 4300's with the DT466 much to the driver's delight. from my personal experiance, you give up alot going to propane and all you get is the ability to run it inside.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Bret, there's your problem right there. A (460) + (5ton) = Crap

Reply to
Demon

my personal experience with gassers running LPG has mostly been with construction equipment that are dual fueled. you'd lose about 30% of your available power while running LPG over gas. didn't matter whether it was a 4x4 lift or a bobcat or whatever.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase