Need Specs for1998 GMC 3500 HD

Looking for specs/capacities for this truck. 1998 GMC 3500 HD auto, dual rear wheels, 19.5 inch tires. 6.2 diesel

All I have now is cab and chassis, no bed. Want to build a flat bed dump to put on it.

I am going to weigh the truck now, then again when I get the bed on it. That way I will know what the bed weighs. How much can I haul including the bed? I think I am looking for the GVW. Also, How much can I tow with this setup? Does the load ON the truck affect the size load on the trailer?

Looking at safety and legal.

Thanks, Chief

Reply to
Chief McGee

email GMC through their website and they'll be able to help you out based on your VIN. they gave me quite a bit of info on my '88 K2500 a couple of months ago.

btw, you've got a 6.5 diesel.... the 6.2 was discontinued in '92 or '93.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase