4 Wheel Steering

I was jsut wondering a few things about the 4 Wheel Steering package that you can get. Is it full-time? How does it work?

--

---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website:

Crooked-Ridez

See this link

never tried it, but I understand that it is really neat.

Reply to
fletcher

One more thing to break... For a towmobile or light 4wd Ok, but I'd be chary of using 4 wheel steering in hard offroading.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

I had heard about a magazine write up that put larger tires, built the rig, and used it as a rockcrawler for their article. Has anyone seen that article or know what magazine it is out of? I guess it held up to lots of hardcore abuse.

Reply to
fletcher

I wouldn't see why. It's a front drive shaft, just in the back. Front drive shafts are pretty hefty, even stock....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Hmm, good point there, I didn't look too closely at the link, I just assumed it was like the honds sedan version, just beefed up to SUV standards. They (honda) are pretty flimsy, If they're front axles, then the biggest problem i see offhand is the extra hydralic lines, I presume it's turned by a hydralic ram operated by slaving to the front power steering?

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

The quadrasteer setup you can get in GM trucks is a Dana 60 with steering knuckles that can only turn + or - 15 degrees. it's electrically actuated and has very strong return to center springs in case the Delphi built servo fails. I don't think durability will be a problem with the unit.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I'd bundle that option with the OnStar and tell the dealer to pull them out. Unless I was buying the truck for the wife...

Reply to
Gung Ho

Reply to
73blazer