Mileage Comparison

I currently own a 2003 crew cab 1500HD with the 6.0 liter motor. I seem to be averaging between 13\14 miles per gallon. I am wondering how much better the gas milage is from the 6.6 Duramax Diesal engine compared to my 6.0 liter gas engine. Any and all responses greatly apprieciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Scoot 61
2001 2500HD reg. cab, long bed, Duramax, 3.73 gears, std. transmission getting 21-23 mpg. Just talked with this guy a few weeks ago (not my truck, though, so that isn't first hand). Hopefully someone will be able to give you first hand info, though.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

my dad gets 23-25 mpg w/two wheel drive one ton with the six speed

Reply to
alasatian

Reply to
Scoot 61